Since 2014, OCM has worked with community organizations, innovative technology builders and business leaders to connect Indigenous and diverse job seekers with employment opportunities across Canada.
Our employer partnerships are created to fit the unique needs of each business OCM works with. Every business starts with a ‘welcome survey’ to ensure OCM can capture a company’s current work in the Indigenous and diversity space and build a program specific to business needs.
Our partnerships are intended to be robust, enthusiastic and long lasting.
- OCM works to ‘Indigenize’ current recruitment policies to reflect the values and traditions of the Indigenous community.
- We will develop an education module about Indigenous history for all managers to experience, particularly those who will be working with Indigenous job seekers and/or employees.
- Provide practical advice and suggestions about how to become involved with the Indigenous community outside of employment.
- OCM keeps employers honest and accountable by providing feedback on success to ensure a business is ‘walking the walk’.
- Advise on further systems change to open lines of communication between departments, spread awareness and understand of your relationships with OCM enterprise wide to ensure the success of Indigenous employees and our partnership.
Service Offering Highlights: